Black Forest Trifle is the perfect Valentine’s Day dessert! It’s simple to put together. Looks fantastic in a fancy trifle bowl. Plus there are only four ingredients.
You may have spied this dessert when I hosted a Ladies Night Valentine’s Party.
Black Forest Trifle Dessert
- Brownies, cut into bite sized pieces
- Cherry Pie Filling
- Cool Whip
- Chocolate Pudding or Chocolate Fudge Sauce
Making this dessert look great is as simple as layering the ingredients one on top of the other.
Start with the brownies on the bottom. Then layer cool whip, pudding, and cherries. My trifle bowl was deep enough to have two layers of all that yumminess.
Since I never rarely make the same dish twice, I’ve got a few tips to share. 😉
Tips & Tricks!
- Chocolate pudding cups from your children’s lunch box supplies are a great alternative if you forgot to buy/make pudding. Not that I would know anything about that!
- Use a slotted spoon to scoop the cherry pie filling from the can then remove some of the gooey goodness by tapping the slotted spoon over a bowl. This will help the dessert from getting too messy when you serve it.
- This dessert looks and tastes awesome when served in Mason jars!
Serve Black Forest Trifle to your family this Valentine’s Day!
Your comments totally make my day!
They give me huge motivation to keep creating and having fun with my 3 Little Greenwoods!
I link up with these fun parties!
Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and/or is a sponsored post. I may receive compensation in the form of monetary compensation or product compensation in exchange for my review. I take pride in reviewing only products that fit my brand and will be beneficial to my readers. And while this post is sponsored or contains affiliate links, all the opinions are my own. Why do I do this? It will help me keep this DIY’ing Mama crafting for another day! For more on my disclosure policy click here.