These cute DIY Felt Ornaments are perfect for Valentine’s Day decorations. The heart shared ornaments made wonderful gifts ideas and gift wrap accents too. Follow this tutorial for easy Valentine crafts that can be used for decorating a Valentine’s Day tree.
That’s exactly the amount of kid free time I have each week.
Typically these hours are filled the brim errands, volunteering, and other exciting activities such as sock sorting and vacuuming. Lucky for me this time also allows me to roam my favorite craft stores for inspiration.
But sometimes a girl’s gotta create! Thank goodness for preschool. It’s three whole hours of kid free bliss when I get to do my favorite thing: roam craft stores for inspiration.
Here’s the product of my last craft store visit: DIY Felt Valentine’s Day Ornaments!
These adorable Frog Prince embellishments needed me to take them home and create something royally worthy of their golden crowns.
Doesn’t my Frog Prince look dashing on this premade heart ornament? Love it!
DIY Felt Ornaments: Supplies Needed
Steps to Create a DIY Felt Valentine Ornament
1. Cut out a smaller felt heart from a contrasting color.
2. Use a simple running stitch to attach the second heart to the pre-made ornament shape.
3. Create a lily pad with two colors of green felt. The first shape is an oval and the next is a skinny heart shape.
4. Carefully add a Frog Prince onto the lily pad with a small amount of hot glue.
5. Add tiny heart buttons using embroidery thread. These were included in the Frog Prince embellishment package from the craft store.
6. This Frog Prince is blowing kisses to his sweetheart so more thread was added to give greater details to the DIY felt Valentine ornament.
Here is another Frog Prince dreaming of his princess. The gold crown is serious cuteness!
I was able to whip up three DIY felt Valentine ornaments within my kid free time. Using the pre-made heart shapes from the craft store made these super easy.
They look fabulous on my Valentine tree from last year!
The felt ornaments are so colorful. They add a wonderful touch of whimsey to the kitchen hutch. Here’s three easy tips for decorating a kitchen hutch!
My decorating motto is “create spaces to smile about”. Our Frog Princes with their brilliant gold crowns are making all of us grin!
Fill your space happiness and create DIY Felt Valentine Ornaments for yourself!
Wishing you a fabulously Happy Valentine’s Day!
More DIY Felt Ornaments
More Valentine’s Day Crafts
- Easy Valentine Bouquet ~ How to Make Felt Flowers
- Rolled Fabric Flowers Art for Valentine’s Day
- We Heart Art! Valentines Party
I link up with these fun parties!
Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and/or is a sponsored post. I may receive compensation in the form of monetary compensation or product compensation in exchange for my review. I take pride in reviewing only products that fit my brand and will be beneficial to my readers. And while this post is sponsored or contains affiliate links, all the opinions are my own. Why do I do this? It will help me keep this DIY’ing Mama crafting for another day! For more on my disclosure policy click here.